Theme 2 of our Action Plan 2019
We at Deal and Dover Green Party (DDGP) want Dover District Council (DDC) to work more openly.
Local people need to be empowered so they can know what is really going on and become empowered to make a real change.
- All council meetings should be videoed and published on the internet.
- Council officers should be directly accessible to the public to answer questions.
- Records of internal council deliberations should be available.
- Documents should be written in plain English not bureaucratic jargon.
When a council like DDC is run without effective opposition for many years there are bound to be problems of accountability – shutting out communities.
In the UK, the government has become an establishment run by experts who control the flow of information too closely. Open government means choice.
This article covered one of the 14 Themes of Dover and Deal Geen Party Action Plan:
- Action on Climate Emergency
- Open Government
- Improving Democracy
- Value for Money
- Policies to Support Local Business
- Planning Policy that Works
- No to Fracking
- Yes to support for electric cars
- A Plastics Free Council
- Ending Live animal exports
- Better Air Quality
- Support for Bus Transport
- Better Amenities – Especially For Young People
- Universal Credit and Other Benefits