Theme 1 of our Action Plan 2019
Dover District Council needs to take steps to ensure our district is carbon neutral by 2030.
On current trends, world temperatures will overshoot the global target of restricting temperate rises to 2 degrees centigrade, which will already have extremely serious effects.
Not enough is being done.
Kent County Council and Dover District Council can do much more.
- make sure DDC use information provided by the Association of Green Councillors so that best practice is adopted by DDC.
- work cross-party for radical change that will impact all areas of KCC/DDC activities.
This article covered one of the 14 Themes of Dover and Deal Geen Party Action Plan:
- Action on Climate Emergency
- Open Government
- Improving Democracy
- Value for Money
- Policies to Support Local Business
- Planning Policy that Works
- No to Fracking
- Yes to support for electric cars
- A Plastics Free Council
- Ending Live animal exports
- Better Air Quality
- Support for Bus Transport
- Better Amenities – Especially For Young People
- Universal Credit and Other Benefits